Demand of reminder on this product
The GS2988 is Gennum's newest, SMPTE compatible dual output cable driver which supports datarates from 270Mb/s to 2.97Gb/s. The GS2988 is a high-speed BiCMOS integrated circuit designed to drive one to two 75? coaxial cables.
The GS2988 may drive data rates up to 2.97Gb/s and provides two selectable slew rates in order to achieve compliance to SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M. The GS2988 accepts industry-standard differential input levels including LVPECL and CML.
Input trace equalization compensates for up to 10 inches of FR4 trace loss. This feature can be disabled using the EQ_EN pin. The DISABLE pin powers-down the output driver, leaving the serial data output in a high-impedance state. The GS2988 features adjustable output swing using an external bias resistor. The single-ended output swing is adjustable from 500mVpp to 1800mVpp. An output signal presence function, the OSP pin, indicates whether an active signal is present at the output of the GS2988.
The GS2988 can be powered from either a 3.3V or a 2.5V supply. Power consumption is typically 125mW using a 2.5V power supply.
The GS2988 is Pb-free, and the encapsulation compound does not contain halogenated flame retardant. This component and all homogeneous subcomponents are RoHS compliant.
- SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M compliant
- Supports data rates from 270Mb/s to 2.97Gb/s
- Input signal trace equalization
- Wide common-mode range input buffer
- 100mV sensitivity
- Supports DC coupling to industry-standard differential logic
- On-chip 100? differential data input termination
- Supports DVB-ASI at 270Mb/s
- Differential coaxial-cable-driving outputs
- Selectable slew rates
- Adjustable output swing from 500mVpp to 1800mVpp
- DISABLE control
- Robust output signal presence function
- Excellent output eye quality
- Power supply operation at 3.3V or 2.5V
- 125mW power consumption (2.5V supply)
- Operating temperature range: -40°C to +85°C
- Small footprint QFN package (4mm x 4mm)
- Drop-in compatible to the GS2978
- Pb-free and RoHS compliant